1. Irkafirka is as fresh as possible. We aim to post illustrations within 24 hours of the tweet that inspired them.
2. We are not acquainted with our chosen tweeters. Tweets are chosen by a random process of dipping in and out of the one billion updates a day that Twitter carries.
3. There are about two hundred million tweeters providing material for us. That’s plenty to try to get round. We used to have an unwritten rule that there could only be one firk per tweeter. We’ve now written it down.
4. Suggestions are warmly welcomed but almost certainly ignored. However, finding firkable tweets is hard work, so if you see a likely candidate please do let us know. We’ll give you a little ‘shout out’ if we use your suggestion.
5. We aim to post illustrations daily, but we have jobs, family and cinema tickets, all of which have to take priority from time to time.
6. If we stop enjoying it, we’ll stop.
7. We can break any of the rules except 6.